It is possible to order engraving on our classic signet and classic pendant. For our solid gold pieces we offer complimentary engraving. For our silver and plated pieces there is a small additional fee of $30 which is due on approval of the design.
How to order an engraved piece?
- Add your chosen pendant or signet to your cart.
- You will see in the cart there is a special notes section. Fill this in with the initials you would like.
- Choose between a modern or traditional style.
- Check out.
- We will then return to you with a mock up of the design.
- Approve the design.
- If your order is in silver or plated gold, we will send you an invoice for the additional amount.
- Your unique piece is then cast in either Sydney or New York and delivered to you when it is ready.
The way we engrave at Kate & Kole is different to traditional engraving. We actaully design your initials into the piece, rather than adding them later. We take your initials into Illustrator and work with one of two fonts to create your desired piece—modern or traditional. We then export that as an SVG file and move it into our 3D program to remove the vector from the base jewellery piece. It is then exported and 3D printed in wax as usual.
Engraving doesn't add any additional time to the manufacturing process, but the design and approval may take a few days for us to process. If you have any time frames that you need to meet or if it is for a special occasion, please let us know and we will do what we can to fast track the process.
Engraving is the most amazing way to personalise a piece, wether it is for a gift or for yourself. Let us know if you have any questions or would like to see examples of previous designs.