How to be an Explorer:
1. You have to believe that you can make a difference and do what most people will tell you is delusional, crazy, impossible and just plain stupid. On the contrary, you know if people start accusing you of this when you tell them about your plans, you are on the right track.
2. You need a vision, an idea that differs from most others. Few people are born with a vision. You create your own visions and ideas through intense, careful and thorough research by reading, studying and talking to people.
3. You also need an ability to explain and sell your vision to others. An extreme passion for your idea helps! But people have to understand it! Presenting your project to possible sponsors, media partners and others in the right way is extremely important.
4. You don’t have to be a perfect human being. Be who you are and throw all those self-help books away. It is better to be an original than a copy. Most explorers are more or less slightly insane. But they are never boring. Being positive helps, but it isn’t a prerequisite for attaining your vision.
5. You have to prepare physically like any professional athlete.
6. You have to put everything else on the side and just follow your heart and vision. Don’t worry about what others think. In most cases, they’re just jealous of not having the guts to do what you do.
7. Don’t listen to the negative assumptions of people you come across. Pretend that you are listening, but don’t register. Surround yourself only with people who are positive to your vision. It might be hard as regards to your family, but otherwise, why waste your time with people who are negative?
8. Prepare, prepare, prepare.
9. Finally: Get out there and just do it!
via the Huffington Post